Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- Permission is granted to electronically share information found within SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site for personal non-commercial use; such as on social media, forums, or blogs. This is true as long as either our built in social sharing buttons are utilized, traditional URL back-links are listed, or URL linked APA- Style website citations are used (example here).
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SalamatPhilippines.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site are provided “as is”. SalamatPhilippines.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, SalamatPhilippines.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- The information contained in this website is for educational and general information purposes only, and is intended to be used under fair use law. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, Salamat Philippines and/or it’s members make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Thus, any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In NO event shall Salamat Philippines and/or it’s members be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by, or in connection with, the use of this website. Salamat Philippines does not necessarily subscribe to any of the thoughts, opinions, or beliefs found within our content. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- The Materials on SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site are not nessisarily the thoughts or opinions of the Governement of the Philippines. The Philippine Governement, Salamat Philippines, nor it’s member will be held liable for the accuracy of any information found within the web site, or any damages that are caused as a result of using the information.
In no event shall SalamatPhilippines.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SalamatPhilippines.com’s Internet site, even if SalamatPhilippines.com or a SalamatPhilippines.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SalamatPhilippines.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. SalamatPhilippines.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. SalamatPhilippines.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
SalamatPhilippines.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SalamatPhilippines.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to SalamatPhilippines.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Your contributions are greatly appreciated, you can rest assured that they are being put to good use. Please be aware that the following donations policy applies to our Shop, Books, and any Direct PayPal Donations to Salamat Philippines. This policy does NOT apply any of the charities or fundraisers that appear on our “Charities” page, or to those fundraisers that are initiated by our members via a regions “Fundraiser Forum.”
1.) Salamat Philippines Gifts Shop’s Fundraising Disbursements
- In regard to purchases made from our “Shops,” both our “Philippines Gifts” and “Books,” 100% of proceeds are ALWAYS donated to the charities/fundraisers listed on our “Charities” page wherever we feel it’s best utilized. For example, some of these charities/fundraisers could have emergency needs and may contact us for assistance, in this case we may apply funds to that charity before another. As sales come in we try to update our fund tracking thermometer within 24-48 hrs. Note: we generally only make a profit of $1-3$ per sale so it can take some time to see movement, but we do occasionally put our own money into the fund. Once the thermometer reaches $50.00, we will then forward those funds to a charity or fundraiser. We will record all disbursements in our members only forum.
- Please be aware that some of the charities that appear on our lists of “charities & fundraisers,” may or may not be registered 401b charities either, so your are welcome to contact them directly for more information on their status. We have no control over donations made to these groups, or any individuals asking for fundraising help via our forums. Thus as a friendly reminder, Salamat Philippines will NOT be held liable for any issues that may arise with these entities.
- We can no longer forward funds from Direct PayPal Donations to these groups or institutions on your behalf. Instead, please contact them directly via our charities & fundraisers page.
2.) Direct PayPal Donations
- Be aware that your donations must be considered a charitable “gift” to us, this is because we are NOT a registered 401b charity.
- 100% of Direct PayPal Donations to Salamat Philippines are either applied to our own charitable giving in the Philippines wherever we feel it’s best utilized (including verified requests for emergency financial assistance made on our site), or to further this websites development. This is all true UNLESS otherwise specified at the donations checkout. For example: one can write in the “Add special instructions:” text field provided: “for your charitable giving, for the kids Jolly-bee fund, for that forum user “John Doe” who was in need of new teeth, or for the forums upgrade,” etc or leave it blank for us to decide.
3.) Other Website Income
- Website & YouTube advertising revenue is first applied against our operating costs such as hosting fees, and upgrades to the website, then remaining funds are applied to our own charitable gifting in the Philippines wherever we feel it’s best utilized (including verified requests for emergency financial assistance made on our site), or to further this websites development.
- Income generated via our Services is used at our sole discretion. By using these services you wave Salamat Philippines and it’s partners from any responsibility for any damages as a result of using our services. In regard to international payments, in cases of miss entered account numbers, Salamat Philippines will do it’s best to contact both parties but ultimately its the responsibility of the client to make sure the account numbers are correct.
We will try to be as transparent as possible, this is our promise to you. We truly thank you for your support!
Last updated: 3/13/2018